Lately, I’ve been sharing lots of my everyday favorites on the blog.
The newest edition are these 3-ingredient almond date energy balls. Honestly, I am shocked that these took so long to share. I swear I make these on a weekly basis. They are so satisfying and make the perfect snack in between classes. The best part: how easy they are to make. While these almond date balls are three ingredients, one of the ingredients is totally optional!
If you think this recipe looks familiar, it is actually the same base I used for these amazing Raspberry Cheesecake Cups I made over the Summer. I fell in love with the crust and decided to make them into a snack. Needless to say, they’ve stuck around in my weekly eating routine.
I honestly have the hardest time finding good snacks. I mean, I can never go wrong with some fresh fruit, but sometimes I want something different. Most store bought snacks are pretty unhealthy, so I try to find the best options. For me, packing snacks is what saves me in moments of desperation. Fortunately, these almond date balls are easy to pack. If you are in the market for some easy and healthy vegan snacks, I say give these almond date balls a try! With how easy they are to prepare, and how portable they are, they make the perfect snack for those moments when you need something to get you through until the next meal.
- 1 Cup Almonds
- 12-16 Medjool Dates
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Flakes, optional
- Add almonds to a food processor and pulse several times until almonds are small pieces.
- Gradually add dates and pulse until a sticky dough is formed. If mixture gets too dry, add more dates. If too wet, add more almonds.
- Form dough into small-medium sized balls and dip into bowl of coconut flakes if desired.
- Transfer to airtight container and store in fridge for up to 5-6 days.