Apple cinnamon gets a lot of attention, and for good reason!
What tastes better than warm apple pie with a dash of cinnamon?
Apple cinnamon oatmeal is an absolute dream, and I have been planning to create a baked apple cinnamon oat dish for the holidays (you can start drooling).
Today, however, I want to address a flavor combo that deserves more attention: banana and cinnamon.
I have been making overnight oats for awhile, but I usually gravitate towards chocolate oats. I wanted to try something new, and plain-ole oats just don’t do it for me. After tweaking my basic recipe, I concluded that these banana cinnamon oats I came up with just have to be shared, and for many reasons:
1. Banana and Cinnamon are amazing on their own, but even better together.
2. Overnight Oats are the easiest and most delicious breakfast out there
This may seem like a bold statement, but I mean it. Yes, I think that overnight oats are even better than smoothies, cereal, and chia pudding. They take 5 minutes to make at night, and are ready the next morning…you don’t even have to heat them up! Add toppings (banana, peanut butter, and buckwheat groats, and an extra dash of cinnamon are amazing in this recipe), and you’re ready to go!
Another amazing benefit of overnight oats is that they are super filling AND super healthy if you use the right ingredients. You can be sure that my recipe is filled with nutrients that will get you ready for the day.
I’ve been having overnight oats (especially this recipe) on a daily basis because I rarely have time to just sit back, relax, and prepare a nice and hearty breakfast. Usually, I have to push myself out of bed and immediately start my day. I can take my oats out the fridge and add some toppings and sometimes throw it in the microwave (if I’m cold that morning) and have breakfast while I get ready. Not exactly the most peaceful morning, but it’s life right now while I’m a full-time student who is trying to work, blog, workout, and kinda maintain somewhat of a social life. On the weekends I can enjoy breakfast, but most days, I just have to start my day quickly and overnight oats have been super helpful.
I have a feeling that I’m not the only busy person out there, so I figure that there can’t be too many quick and healthy recipes out there. Anything helps, am I right?
I hope my Banana Cinnamon Overnight Oats can be your go-to for a quick and healthy breakfast. With how delicious and easy they are, I really think you will like them, but hey, you don’t have to take my word for it. Try them out for yourself and let me know what you think!
- 1 1/4 Cup Rolled Oats
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Agave or Maple Syrup
- 1/2-1 Tsp Cinnamon (depending on how strong of flavor you'd prefer)
- 1/4 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Bananas, chopped
- In a medium bowl or jar, add all ingredients EXCEPT banana and mix until fully combined. Place in fridge and let sit 2 hours or overnight (preferred)
- To serve: Remove oats from fridge. Place in 2 separate jars or bowls. Add chopped banana, a tablespoon of peanut butter, and any other desired toppings and serve. Optional: heat in microwave for 10-30 seconds (tastes good cold or warm).