“All vegans eat is salad”
I guess I can’t speak for all vegans, but I seriously only have a salad maybe twice a month. Not saying I’m proud of that, but I do easily break the stereotype.
I’m really not a greens gal. I put spinach in my smoothies (like my Chocolate Cherry Green Smoothie and my Healthiest Smoothie on Earth), but that’s basically where I get the majority of my greens. If I make a salad, I have to really love it. It needs to meet my criteria: some form of hearty protein and a yummy dressing.
I am happy to say that this buffalo tempeh salad with hemp ranch is just that!
If you have seen my BBQ Chickpea Salad with Hemp Ranch, you might be wondering how this salad is much different. Isn’t the only difference the flavor and the protein? Yup. Sure is. What can I say, I have a type.
I promise I will make some different salads for all you greens lovers, but until then, I just have to share what I like. I only really share recipes that I would make myself (at least at the moment), and I can assure you that this is my salad of choice all the time, regardless of the time of year. Everyone likes buffalo-flavored anything, that’s just an unspoken fact. Everyone likes ranch…I think. If you are looking for a healthy vegan salad that incorporates flavors you love, this could very well be it for you!
If you are a fan of my Buffalo Jackfruit Sandwiches or my Buffalo Cauliflower Burger, you’ll love this salad! I hope my buffalo tempeh salad helps you to eat healthier without sacrificing taste. Who wants to eat a boring salad? Nobody. Now you don’t have to!
- 5 Cups Romaine Lettuce
- 1 Cup Corn
- 1 Block Tempeh
- 1/4 Cup Buffalo Sauce (I use Frank's)
- Hemp Ranch
- Cut tempeh into small cubes.
- Heat a skillet on medium heat. Lightly oil or add vegetable broth for an oil free option.
- Add tempeh to the skillet and cook for 3-5 minutes. Add buffalo sauce and toss to coat. Cook for another 10 minutes. Taste and add more sauce if desired.
- Assemble: distribute lettuce onto two plates and add corn, tempeh, and hemp ranch. Best if served immediately.