I cannot believe it’s taken me so long to share this recipe!
Seriously, I’ve been making this tofu scramble for well over a year. For a time, it was my favorite breakfast of all time. I would even have it for lunch or dinner sometimes.
Now, I do not have a tofu scramble everyday anymore, not even close. However, I still love a savory breakfast every now and then, and if I’m making one, this is it!
Tofu scramble is such an easy dish to make! It takes just 20 minutes, and prep and cook time is about 20 minutes. Yeah, it’s a little ingredient heavy, but spices really make tofu taste its best. If you are scared of tofu, fear not, this scramble tastes amazing and I promise you won’t miss eggs! Tofu is much more nutritionally dense than eggs, and is a cruelty-free food! Tofu doesn’t deserve the bad rep it gets, but eggs should certainly be much more hated. (Fun fact: the egg industry can’t legally call their product a “health food”, so they have to pay other people to do so for them.)
I hope you love this easy, egg-free, vegan, and nutritious breakfast. Sometimes, savory beats sweet (sometimes). For those days, this tofu scramble is all you need!
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 14oz Block Extra Firm Tofu, pressed.
- ⅓ Cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Tsp Agave
- .5 Tablespoon Tamari
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ Tsp Turmeric
- 1 Tsp Onion Powder
- ½ Tsp Pepper
- 1 Tsp Sea Salt
- 2 Cups Spinach
- Heat oil on a saucepan, crumble tofu into pan. Add nutritional yeast, agave, and tamari and stir to combine.
- Stir in garlic powder, turmeric, onion powder, pepper, and sea salt.
- Add spinach and cook for about 8-10 minutes, or until the spinach is wilted. Taste and adjust seasonings if desired.
- Remove from heat and serve.