You know what frustrates me?
When people don’t take my lifestyle seriously.
What I mean by that is that they don’t acknowledge how serious it is to me.
I get so many comments along the line of, “if you go off your vegan diet your should try……”, “do you plan on being vegan forever or?”, and “you aren’t seriously enjoying the food, right?”
First of all, let me say that I get it. Vegan lifestyles are not that normal. We’re so used to a standard diet that anyone who deviates from that is considered as weird, or the diet is only going to be temporary.
Well, when I started a vegan lifestyle, I never looked back, and I never will.
The reasons why I won’t eat meat (or any other animal products, but I realize that I might accidentally eat something with milk or egg in my lifetime, no matter how hard I try to avoid it) are pretty infinite and serious to me. A few of them are:
- I love animals, and I mean it. I love animals so much that I will do whatever I can to minimize the harm I cause to them. An animal’s life will ALWAYS be more important than my taste buds.
- The planet is in trouble. Guess what: animal agriculture is one of the main contributors of environmental destruction. If we want to save the planet, the majority of people need to significantly minimize or cut out meat intake all together. My future children and grandchildren’s future is more important than eating a burger (yuck..)
- I love vegan food. Seriously, I LOVE the food. The best food I’ve ever had is vegan, and I mean that. I love going to vegan restaurants and trying new dishes at home. I am more creative with my cooking than I’ve ever been, and I really never want to give that up.
- I feel amazing. When I was eating a SAD, I was feeling like….crap. I had constant stomachaches, I was so tired all the time, and just felt disgusting. Not to mention I put on weight quickly. As a vegan, I feel amazing. Do I still feel sick and tired? very rarely. It’s happened, but not even close to how it used to be. I feel awesome without animal products, so I see no need to go back to them. Vegan food is way yummier and healthier!
- Being vegan has made me the happiest I’ve ever been. I feel like I have a purpose everyday, and that makes me feel awesome. I think we should always keep doing things that make us the happiest. Being vegan gives me joy, so why would I stop?
If you aren’t vegan, I understand if you don’t see how anyone would like the lifestyle, but I am telling you, it’s amazing. I will be vegan for life, even if I choose to be a junk food vegan one day (I wish, man).
I hope you have an awesome day, and make sure to try a vegan recipe. I have tons, and there are so many online. You just have to find them and try them. You might be surprised!