During my time on Simply Overjoyed, I have shared many breakfasts.
Smoothies? Check. Oats? Yup. Chia pudding? of course!
Yes, it seems that as of now, waffle-lovers get all the attention on my blog.
It was about time that I start showing some love for pancakes. I am actually surprised that it took so long because while I may like waffles just a tad bit more, I love making pancakes. During the cooler months, I enjoy them on the weekends. I wish I had time to make them during the week, but school makes that difficult.
For those of your who are looking for the perfect weekend breakfast, my chocolate coconut pancakes are a perfect option.
If you have tried any of my waffle recipes, you will be happy to know that the base is virtually the same. Does this mean you could make waffles using this recipe? Most likely! Personally, I think the chocolate coconut flavor tastes better with a fluffy pancake texture, but I would not discourage you from trying it!
Sometimes, there is nothing more satisfying than ending a long, stressful week with a lazy morning and a comforting breakfast. As I enter a new school quarter, I have a feeling that I will look forward to those mornings all week. I must say, I am afraid that I am overextending myself. So much is going on in the next few months, and while I am really excited, I do worry about my well-being and self-care. Still, my goal is to make sure that I give myself a break. Also, I need to make good use of my productive time. I have a feeling that everything I work for will be worth it, so I just need to keep on going. I know that I can accomplish anything in 2017!
If you are in the same boat and are in a serious need for a break every once in awhile, I think my chocolate coconut pancakes can make life just a little bit better for all of us.
- 1 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk + 1 Tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Medium Very Ripe Banana, Mashed
- 1/4 Cup Liquid Sweetener (such as agave or maple syrup)
- 1/2 Cup Rolled Oats
- 1 Cup Buckwheat Flour
- 1/2 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- Pinch Sea Salt
- Few Drops of Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/3 Cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- coconut flakes
- chocolate date sauce
- 1. In a small glass, mix almond milk and apple cider vinegar together and let sit for a 3-5 minutes.
- 2. In a medium bowl, add mashed banana and liquid sweetener together. stir in almond milk mixture and vanilla extract.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- 4. Slowly stir in wet ingredients and mix until fully combined. Fold in coconut flakes. Taste and adjust ingredients if desired.
- 5. Heat a saucepan on medium heat, spray pan with cooking spray or lightly oil pan. Add 1/4 cup size of batter and carefully pour into the pan. Repeat 2-3 times depending on size of pan. Cook for a couple minutes on each side, or both sides are crisp and fluffy. Transfer pancakes to a plate and repeat for remaining batter.
- 6. Place pancakes on serving dish and add desired toppings.
Have a wonderful day!