You know how the new year came around, and we were all really focused on being healthier?
Well, I am still on track, and am feeling great!
However, let’s be real: sometimes we are in need of a good dessert recipe, and I made a goal to share more dessert recipes. While Simply Overjoyed is considered as a healthy vegan blog, I do love showing that vegan food does not have to be healthy. Sometimes, we need a good dessert in our lives. Other times, we need something really greasy and fatty. I will make sure to provide both options from time to time because we all need to live a little.
I’m telling you, this cookie cake is incredible. You would never know that it is completely vegan! Seriously, give this cookie cake to anyone (especially someone you love because nobody says “I love you” more than cookie cake), and they would never know the difference. That’s what I love the most about vegan food…it doesn’t deserve the stigma, and I’ve been fooling/surprising family and friends for the past year 1/2.
If you are looking for the perfect dessert, look no further. This cookie cake is perfect for birthdays, any party, or for no reason whatsoever. There is always a good excuse for dessert, right? I tell myself that all the time, and I should probably stop. I think this might be the reason for all my struggles with my weight. Maybe I should switch dessert out for something more productive or healthy? Naw. I’ll stick with cookie cake. This recipe is just too good.
If you are in need of a super indulgent vegan dessert recipe that can fool even the biggest vegan skeptic, this is perfect. You need to try this cookie cake right now. Seriously, make it right now. Ok, you are probably making a good decision if you do not make it right away, but I would not judge you if you just have to have it right now! I am currently craving it.
- 3/4 Cup Vegan Butter, softened
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Cane Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Applesauce
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cornstarch or Arrowroot Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 1/4 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (make sure they are vegan)
- vegan frosting (homemade or store bought)
- sprinkles: optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 Degrees, and line a pizza pan with parchment paper and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- 2. In a stand or hand mixer, beat butter on medium for 30 seconds to one minute until fluffy. Add brown sugar, cane sugar, applesauce, and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- 3. In a medium bowl, whisk flour, bakins soda, cornstarch, and salt until combined.
- 4. Slowly combine dry ingredients with wet ingredients and mix until fully combined, scraping the sides. Fold in chocolate chips.
- 5. Place dough onto pizza pan and press to flatten. Use a roller if necessary to form a circular shape and continue to press until dough covers most or all of the pan.
- 6. Place in oven and bake for 20-22 minutes, or until a toothpick is clean when sticking it into the cake.
- 7. Let cookie cake sit for 30-60 minutes before frosting or adding sprinkles.
- 8. Can stay fresh in large airtight container for up to one week, but is best served within three days.
What is your favorite dessert? I would love to try to make an amazing vegan version! Just let me know what you want to see and I will try to make it happen!
Have an amazing day!