I like being busy.
After a few years of what seems like a blur consisting of schoolwork, work, and more work, I finally like being busy.
Sure, it gets stressful. Yeah, I sometimes just want to rage quit life. Ok, I do want to just sleep in or watch tv all night.
Still, when I get the chance to enjoy myself and not be on such a strict schedule, I feel so thankful for it. There was a time when I took advantage of my free time. Not so much anymore. Even better, I have even began to enjoy my work. My classes at school have been super fascinating. I am doing some pretty impactful community service. My job pays the bills. My blogging hobby is still fun.
Every day is busy, hectic, and satisfying. I feel like I am getting stuff done, and it’s pretty damn fulfilling.
Sure, I don’t have time for all my lazy hobbies (tv, video games, staring into the abyss), but I do have a chance to challenge myself, make a difference, and make the most of my time. I’m still keeping up with yoga and fitness. I won’t say it’s easy, but I will say it’s worth it.
When I busy, I need quick dinners. My creamy basil pesto pasta is just that. All you do is cook the pasta, make the sauce, and you are done! The sauce itself is amazing. I went through lots of tweaking before finding the best recipe. If you’re in a hurry all the time, or just like pesto pasta (that’s a perfectly acceptable reason if I say so), you need this healthy, creamy, basil pesto pasta in your life right now. Go make it right now. You won’t regret it.
- 8oz pasta of choice (I like fusilli)
- 2 Cups Spinach
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1 tbsp nooch
- 1/2 cup basil
- 1/4 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- Cook pasta according to box instructions. When you add the pasta into pot of boiling water, add 2 cups of spinach and let cook with noodles.
- While pasta is cooking, add basil pesto ingredients to food processor blender and blend until smooth, taste and adjust ingredients if desired. If mixture is too runny, add more pine nuts. If too thick, add more almond milk.
- After pasta is cooking, drain and transfer to large bowl. Stir in pesto until fully combined.
- Best if served immediately, but can be kept in airtight container for 3-4 days.