Two football favorites: buffalo-anything and nachos!
What if we combined the two? Well, I did just that! Introducing my cheesy buffalo jackfruit nachos.
Let me first say, this recipe is probably not for everyone. I know there will be people who won’t be a fan of this idea, and that is completely fine!
If you are like me, and like something a bit out of the box, these buffalo jackfruit nachos are completely worth trying!
The inspiration for the recipe kinda came to me. I have my buffalo jackfruit sandwiches, and I absolutely love them. Jackfruit is such a game changer in the food world, and I like finding new ways to use it. I am also a devoted nacho lover, so naturally I had to see if nachos and buffalo jackfruit can go hand in hand.
The conclusion: surprisingly, yes.
My boyfriend is a total fan! He tends to really like the more interesting dishes. I have lots of crazy recipe ideas, and he tries them all!
Now, if you do not think that buffalo jackfruit and cheese on nachos is a good combo, no worries! I’m sure I will have a more typical nacho recipe in the future.
For those of you who love buffalo-flavored-anything mixed with cheese, look no further! Adding black beans gives the dish a nutrition boost, making these nachos (semi?) healthy.On the bright side, jackfruit is only 100x better than chicken, and I use a whole grain flour for the queso. I go with store-bought chips, but if you have a homemade recipe, I definitely encourage you to use it!
I know that my buffalo jackfruit nachos are a little out-of-the-box, but that is exactly what I like about them! My unique recipes tend to be the most popular, so I hope that many of you enjoy this recipe and hopefully give them a try!
- 1 Recipe Buffalo Jackfruit
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Vegan Butter
- 1/4 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Cup Almond Milk
- 1/2 Cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Tbsp Mustard
- 1 Tsp Mustard Powder
- 1 Tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Tsp Liquid Sweetener
- 1/2 Tsp Cayenne, Optional
- 1 Can Black Beans, Drained and Rinsed
- 5-6 Cups Tortilla Chips
- 1. Make the Vegan Queso: Melt vegan butter over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for 3 minutes.
- 2. Add flour to pan and stir into garlic. Add almond milk gradually, and whisk until smooth. Add nutritional yeast, mustard, mustard powder, sea salt, liquid sweetener, and cayenne. Whisk to combine. If mixture gets too thick, add more almond milk. Taste and adjust seasonings if desired. Cover and cook for 15 minutes, whisking every few minutes and adding almond milk is mixture gets too thick.
- 3. In the meantime, prepare buffalo jackfruit according to instructions (linked above)
- 4. Heat black beans over small pot on medium heat. Let cook for 5-10 minutes to fully heat, stirring every few minutes to ensure that beans do not stick to the pan.
- 5. After queso cooks for 15 minutes, remove from heat. To assemble: add 2 cups of tortilla chips to large plate. Drizzle over 1/3 queso, 1/3 jackfruit, and 3rd beans. Add 2 more cups of chips to top of stack, add another 1/3 of queso, 1/3 jackfruit, and 3rd beans. Add 1-2 more cups of chips, and add remaining queso, jackfruit, and beans.
- Best if served immediately.