Is there anything better than chocolate covered pretzels? Yes. Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Cups.
I was craving chocolate one day and thought that making peanut butter cups would be a great idea. Not only that….I had to add some chopped pretzels. My spontaneous ideas aren’t always great, but this was an exception.
I don’t know about you, but Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups were my guilty pleasure. I ate them…all the time..like, it’s actually embarrassing. To be honest, I do miss them sometimes, especially as we get super close to Halloween. Luckily, I now have a perfect peanut butter cup recipe that is way cleaner than Reese’s and are super easy to make! Easy, customizable, delicious, perfect for Halloween and the holiday season…I could go on and on. This is the perfect treat that is portable and would be perfect for Halloween/holiday parties.
The best part of these cups is obviously the flavor. First there’s chocolate..then peanut butter..then salty pretzels..it’s like a party in your mouth. <- Never thought I’d ever seriously say that, but here we are.
I’ve got to say, I’m addicted. I don’t make these that often because I don’t always trust myself. I could easily have one, two, or six in one sitting. Warning: these are dangerously addicting and you will probably want to have them every day of your life. If you are a peanut butter cup lover, you’ll go crazy for these irresistibly delicious peanut butter cups featuring 3 flavors we know and love. Make these for Halloween, the Holidays, today because you feel like it, either way, I really feel like you will love these peanut butter pretzel cups as much as I do!
- 3.5 Cups Chocolate Chips (I used almost 2 full bags of Trader Joe's Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips)
- 5 Tablespoons Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 Tsp Nutritional Yeast
- 3 Tabelspoons Finely Chopped Pretzel Sticks
- 12 Cupcake Liners
- 1. Line cupcake paper cups into a 12-cupcake pan.
- 2. Melt 2 cups chocolate chips on the stove on medium heat. Stir until chocolate is fully melted, about 2 minutes.
- 3. pour 2 teaspoons of melted chocolate to bottom of each of the 12 cups and spread until bottom of cup is completely covered. Place in fridge for 30 minutes.
- 4. While chocolate is setting, place 5 tablespoons of peanut butter to small bowl. Stir in nutritional yeast and pretzel sticks. Remove pan from fridge and spread 1 heaping tsp of peanut butter mixture to the center of each cup. Place in fridge for another 30 minutes.
- 5. Melt the last 1.5 Cups chocolate on the stove, this takes about 1-2 minutes.
- 6. Remove pan from fridge, and cover peanut butter layer with 1 heaping teaspoon of melted chocolate. If you have extra chocolate, add to cups that aren't as full. Place in fridge for 30 minutes.
- 7. Remove from fridge and take peanut butter cups out of cupcake liners. Peanut Butter Cups can be kept in the fridge for 2 weeks.
- For regular peanut butter cups, omit the pretzels