Well, I’ve managed to join the pumpkin party! I’m not too late, am I?
I may not have any pumpkin bread, DIY pumpkin spice lattes, or pumpkin chili, but I do have these delicious Pumpkin Spice Waffles that you just have to try!
I shared my Chocolate Almond Butter Waffles, and they are definitely one of my favorite recipes I’ve shared so far. This pumpkin waffle recipe is made with the same base, but is customized to taste like delicious pumpkin-y goodness!
This is my new favorite Fall weekend breakfast. If you’re busy all the time like me, don’t you worry, you can still get your pumpkin fix. Check out my Pumpkin Pie Smoothie Bowl for a quicker (but equally delicious) breakfast!
Now, back to the waffles…I absolutely love how these turned out! Even my boyfriend who couldn’t be more neutral towards pumpkin-flavored anything really enjoys these! Who doesn’t love waffles drizzled in maple syrup and coconut cream?
You may or may not have noticed that I now have 2 waffle recipes on the blog (and one more coming next month, stay tuned!) and zero pancake recipes. Well, I’m about to start a friendly debate: waffles>pancakes. Now don’t get me wrong, I like pancakes. I have just also preferred waffles. I have no idea why, but I have just always been picky when it comes to pancakes, whereas I’ll eat virtually any waffle someone gives to me (as long as it is vegan now, of course).
Don’t worry, though. I will have a pancake recipe on the blog eventually. If you want one badly enough, I’ll begin testing some recipes now! Until then, I hope I can please all you waffle-lovers with this crowd pleasing, Fall approved breakfast!
I recommend having these on Halloween morning to give you a festive, but healthy start to the day. Hey, it never hurts to get some nutrition in before stuffing your face in candy and/or alcohol (if you are of drinking age).
Whether you are enjoying them on Halloween morning, or any other day of the year, I hope you enjoy my Pumpkin Spice waffles! Fall wouldn’t be the best time of the year without the warm and comforting dishes containing all our favorite Fall flavors! These waffles fit the bill perfectly!
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk + 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 mashed banana
- 1/4 cup liquid sweetener
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch sea salt
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- vanilla extract
- 1. Mix almond milk and apple cider vinegar in a bowl and let sit for 2 minutes.
- 2. Add wet ingredients (almond milk mixture, mashed banana, liquid sweetener) to medium bowl and whisk to combine. Stir in Pumpkin Puree and vanilla Extract.
- 3. In a large bowl, whisk all dry ingredients until combined.
- 4. Add wet ingredient mixture to dry ingredients and whisk until there are minimal chunks and the batter is slightly thick. Taste and adjust ingredients if desired.
- 5. Heat waffle iron and place 1/2 cup of batter into iron and cook according to manufacturer instructions. For a soft waffle, I set mine to 2, but choose whichever setting you prefer.
- 6. Place waffles onto plates and add any desired toppings (I like maple syrup, vegan butter, sliced banana, and coconut cream). Best if served immediately.