Since my Buffalo Cauliflower Wing Burger and Guacamole Bacon Burger went over so well (thanks, btw!), I figured it would only be right to share yet another veggie burger. Introducing my Sriracha Peanut Burger!
Yeah, I know that BBQ season is over, and you probably just want more warm and comforting dishes. However, I also know that we are in football season. I don’t know about you, but I love game day (Go Hawks!). There is something so satisfying about spending Sunday in and watching the game while chowing down on junk food. I love nachos, wings, you name it. I also love a good burger.
Make no mistake: these sriracha peanut burgers are very healthy! Packed with complex carbs, healthy fats, and plant protein, this is probably the healthiest burger I’ve shared so far, and you won’t even feel guilty adding a tablespoon (or two) of Vegenaise!
In case you couldn’t tell from my spicy cauliflower taco recipe and my Peanut Soba Noodles with Sriracha Tofu, I am obsessed with spicy peanut dishes. It was really a matter of time before I turn my obsession into a burger. The result: YUM! The sriracha peanut burger is definitely spicy, and you can definitely taste the peanuts, but I don’t think that either flavor overpowers the burger by any means.
I think I actually have a big problem. I cannot find a combination that I like better than sriracha and peanut. Does anyone have a favorite flavor combo that they can’t get enough of? I need to get creative (for both and blog and my taste-buds), and I do have plenty of ideas for future recipes that don’t involve sriracha or peanuts, but I am always open to trying new stuff and experimenting with different ingredients. There’s nothing wrong with having a favorite, but it gets bad when I try a new recipe, and I always think that peanut sauce and/or sriracha is missing…..I definitely need to expand my horizons.
If you’re a fellow sriracha peanut lover like me, I have no doubt that this burger will be your favorite for game day, burger night, lunch, last-minute dinner, you name it. I don’t have a burger in the Fall super often, but when I do, you can bet it I will be devouring this sriracha peanut burger. It’s just that good!
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium sweet potato, baked (I used leftovers)
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1-2 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tsp paprika
- pinch of sea salt, optional
- 3 hamburger buns, I like whole grain
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
- 2. Add chickpeas, sweet potato and peanuts to a large bowl and mash together with a fork or large spoon. Mash until there are only a few whole chickpeas.
- 3. Add tahini, maple syrup, cumin, sriracha, and paprika and continue mashing until there are only a few large pieces, and the mixture appears to be well-combined.
- 4. Place bowl in fridge for 15 minutes to allow the mixture to firm
- 5. Line a baking pan with parchment paper and remove bowl from fridge. Shape the mixture into 3 large patties and place on baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven. Flip and bake for another 10 minutes.
- 6. Remove patties from oven and let sit on baking sheet for 10 minutes before serving.
- 7. Place patties on bun, add desired toppings, and enjoy!
- Leftovers can be kept in the fridge for up to one week.
- These burgers are very spicy. To minimize heat, use 1 tbsp of sriracha instead of 2.