It’s about time for me to share my vegan spin on a classic dish.
Spaghetti is one of my favorite meals. It is so quick and easy, not to mention delicious.
I used to use Gardein meatballs because they are an amazing meat replacement. However, they aren’t cheap, and as much as I love supporting vegan companies, I wanted to make a homemade vegan meatball as they as healthier and less expensive to make.
My black bean meatball recipe is so easy to make, and are super hearty. Serve them over spaghetti noodles and your favorite marinara sauce, and you have a super satisfying dinner that everyone loves.
I made this vegan spaghetti and meatballs dish for my anniversary. It felt like we may as well have been at an Italian restaurant, and not in my tiny dining room in my tiny apartment. I just love the simplicity of this recipe. I use store-bought spaghetti and marinara. If you have a homemade marinara recipe, feel free to use it, but I am still working on my own recipe. For some reason, it is taking awhile. Make my meatballs and top with vegan parmesan and you are done! Easy, right?
This is a great dinner option as pasta never disappoints. If you want another pasta dish, try my Creamy Basil Pesto Pasta-it’s just as good!
I hope you enjoy this straightforward vegan spaghetti and meatballs recipe. It’s become a staple in my household.
- 8oz Whole Grain Spaghetti Noodles
- 3 Cups Marinara Sauce
- 1 15oz Can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 8oz Cremini Mushrooms, chopped
- ½ Cup Brown Rice Flour
- ½ Cup Pank Bread Crumbs
- 1.5 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- 1 Tsp Pepper
- 1 Tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, cook spaghetti noodles according to box instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a medium skillet and add mushrooms. Cook for about 5-8 minutes, or until mushrooms begin to brown up and soften.
- Add black beans and mushrooms to a food processor and pulse several times until small pieces are formed.
- Transfer to a medium bowl. Add flour and breadcrumbs and stir to combine. Add italian seasoning, cumin, pepper, and salt and stir.
- Scoop out a tablespoon of the bean mixture and form into a ball. If mixture is not combining, slowly add more flour and bread crumbs (about a tablespoon each). Transfer meatballs to a lined baking pan. Should yield about 12-15 depending on the size.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 12 minutes. Flip meatballs and bake for 10-15 more minutes, until the meatballs are lightly crisped. Remove from oven.
- While meatballs are in the oven, heat a medium pot and add marinara sauce and let sit for 5-10 minutes, until sauce is warmed.
- Transfer spaghetti to a plate and top with sauce and meatballs. Add a vegan parmesan or a sprinkle of nutritional yeast if desired.
Any pasta dishes you’d like to see in the future? Let me know!
Enjoy and day, and namaste